Hydrogen Gas Detection Gadgets
Consider hydrogen gas detection and sensors to be important when experimenting with production and of using the fuel.
Here are some facts:
The gas is colorless and odorless, the lightest of all gases and thus rises.
A concentration of 4% to 75% by volume in air, is potentially explosive. Just like other gases at different level of concentration.
While gassing during charge, Lead–acid storage batteries emit the gas.
If you want something that acts as gas alarms and exhaust fan controllers, browse these Sensors for your safety.
1. SBS Gas Detector
Single And Dual Relay Models AvailableSBS-3660
Specifications1% Concentration energizes a relay which activates your exhaust fan
2% Concentration activates a built-in, pulsating warning alarm
110 VAC; 50/60 Hertz (220 VAC or 12-48 VDC available upon request)
7” L x 4 ¾”W x 2 ½” D
- 1-6 Gas Sample Draw
- Simultaneous detection of up to 6 different Gases PPM/LEL detection
- Personal Single Gas
- Light Weight
- LEL, CO, H2S, or O2
- Audible, visual, and vibration alarms
- Stand Alone Transmitter
- Explosion Proof
- Available for LEL, H2S, CO, O2, and IR (infrared) for LEL and CO2
Mata Cal 2000
- Calibration Station
- Automated instrument management for up to 10 instruments (GX-2001 and GX-2003)
- Single Gas Monitor
- Fits on your wrist, belt, clothing, or hardhat
- CO, H2S, or O2 gas
- Digital LCD display
- Vibration, visual and audible alarms
Hydrogen Gas Sensor - MQ-8 (SEN-10916)
- This is a simple-to-use hydrogen gas sensor, suitable for sensing hydrogen concentrations in the air. The MQ-8 can detect hydrogen gas concentrations anywhere from 100-10000ppm.
- This sensor has a high sensitivity and fast response time. The sensor's output is an analog resistance. The drive circuit is very simple; all you need to do is power the heater coil with 5V, add a load resistance, and connect the output to an ADC.
- This sensor comes in a package similar to the MQ-3 alcohol sensor, and can be used with a special breakout board.
- $7.95 as of February 2014
- Sold by Sparkfun
Return to Make Hydrogen Gas Page
Return from Hydrogen Gas Detection to Make Hydrogen Gas page
What's your Favorite Way of Making Hydrogen?
At the end of the day, Making-Hydrogen.com is about how to create hydrogen from solar power to bacteria! What is the coolest way you have discovered in making hydrogen?